I slept and I cried,
I wept and I tried,
Ibn-Rushd came to me and exclaimed “Son, what pains thee?”,
I cried “O’ holy saint you do not what ails me”.
I doubt my doubt, doubt itself is unsure,
I think, yet I think if my deed is pure,
Time and time again, I open my eyes,
I am astonished to find myself still kicking and alive,
How long will this journey continue?
Didn’t you promise that there would be a time of the selected few?
Ibn-Rushd hung his head and then there was a sigh,
Son, the promise is conditional; deed alone will reach the mighty high.
- Allama Iqbal – Sele... 41.7k views
- Harappan Culture (Indus V... 26.5k views
- Allama Iqbal – Sele... 20.4k views
- Bhagalpur to Singapore 17.3k views
- Islamic Banking? Whats th... 16.5k views
- Beach Trek Across Arabian... 14.8k views
- Sach hai, Vipatti jab aat... 12.4k views
- I Protest 10.4k views
- O ye who don’t beli... 10k views
- Thread unsafe Format in J... 6.5k views