It is not the mountain we conquer, but ourselves.Edmund Hillary
And it’s so apt. We are back after 13 rigorous days. Victorious, yet humbled. A friend of mine asked, what keeps you going? Well my reply was leave from office 🙂
Jokes apart, for beginners, just don’t go for trekking because you have to do some activity to detox your self. Mountaineering is not the only thing. Weigh out your interests, and then decide. As the following quotes suggest, ask yourself : W H Y?
Climb the mountain not to plant your flag, but to embrace the challenge, enjoy the air and behold the view. Climb it so you can see the world, not so the world can see you.”― David McCullough Jr.
And then prepare well. Do not stress on body building. Or rather ONLY body building as a part of preparation. Build on endurance. Go for either of cycling, swimming or running. Whichever you like doing.
Back home, my partner in preparation, my cycle got the prayer flag.
Me and Nitesh are back to badminton in office as well.
And I sign off with this poem from movie Zindagi na Milegi Dobara.
- Allama Iqbal – Sele... 41.8k views
- Harappan Culture (Indus V... 26.5k views
- Allama Iqbal – Sele... 20.4k views
- Bhagalpur to Singapore 17.3k views
- Islamic Banking? Whats th... 16.5k views
- Beach Trek Across Arabian... 14.8k views
- Sach hai, Vipatti jab aat... 12.4k views
- I Protest 10.4k views
- O ye who don’t beli... 10k views
- Thread unsafe Format in J... 6.5k views