To smell coffee planning a trip to Coorg!
Coorg or Kodagu, originally called Kodaimalenadu, means ‘dense forest on steep hill’. Often called as the Scotland of India, Coorg offers misty hills, lush forest, acres and acres of coffee plantation, orange groves, undulating streets and breathtaking views.
Crossing the concrete jungle
Bangalore –> Ramanagaram –> Channapatna –> Maddur –> Mandya –> Srirangapatnam –> Hunsur –> Piriyapatna –> Kushalnagar –> Suntikoppa –> Madikeri.
Kushalnagar : Golden Temple and a beautiful Budhist Monastry and Kaveri Nisargadhana which is an island formed by river Kaveri.
Activities Planned ..
Depends on mood of Jibran and weather:
Trek inside Brahmagiri Wildlife Sanctuary (home to large herds of elephants) bordering Kerala . Expecting to pass through dense forest, grasslands, river streams and reach Iruppu Falls. Not to forget leeches and heavy rain on the way.Should be prepared for that.
Dubare Elephant Camp is one place that I am planning to to visit. As suggested I have to take a boat ride over Cauvery River to reach here.
Talakaveri – the place that is generally considered to be the source of the river Kaveri.
Nagarhole National Park: Planning to drive through the forest.
If time permits (or in case weather/Jibran does not allow walking down the jungle) then shift to :
- Omkareshwara temple
- Bagamandala – is on the banks of the confluence of three rivers, Cauvery, Kannike and the sub terranian Sujyoti, popularly known as ‘Triveni Sangama’. The famous Sri Bhagandeswara temple is located on the bank of the river over here.
- Raja’s tomb and seat,Madikeri fort/palace.
Skipping as per plan: White water rafting
Have also planned to participate in Angling at Valanoor, the backwaters of the river Kaveri
PS:It has to be a green trip 🙂
- Allama Iqbal – Sele... 41.8k views
- Harappan Culture (Indus V... 26.5k views
- Allama Iqbal – Sele... 20.5k views
- Bhagalpur to Singapore 17.3k views
- Islamic Banking? Whats th... 16.5k views
- Beach Trek Across Arabian... 14.8k views
- Sach hai, Vipatti jab aat... 12.4k views
- I Protest 10.4k views
- O ye who don’t beli... 10k views
- Thread unsafe Format in J... 6.5k views